Friday, February 26, 2010

Controversial Photoshopping

I have just read three articles and watched one video about photo editing in magazines and I had no idea all the work that really does go into it. I always knew that pictures in magazines were edited but I never knew all that they really do and I was shocked to see what goes into these magazines. Not only do they make them look skinnier and have perfect skin, but they can make their legs look longer and take the bloodshot out of their eyes. Some of the articles were discussing how France and the U.K. are considering making laws that will not let magazines do this anymore, especially to children under the age of 16.
I honestly cannot even imagine what it would be like if this law gets passed. The fashion world as we know it, will be completely different. I do think there should be a change though. There are girls all over the world who are starving themselves and throwing up their meals because they think the people in these magazines really exist. If this law doesn't pass though, I hope that the magazines at least put that the photos are edited and who edited them. It seems like the model hardly does anything anymore, the editor is the one who puts it all together and they should get some credit for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment