Wednesday, February 17, 2010

3D...

I decided today that I am not a 3D person. I never really thought of myself as one before, but now I know that I am not one.
So our project in 3D is we have to make molds of an object over and over again and then create some kind of installation with them. I'm pretty sure my teacher is the only one who makes us do the installations. But anyway, I am molding a shaving razor and every single time I take it out of the mold the neck breaks. So I have to use slip and fix it. Every single time. But i decided to stick with it, and I am making a mobile out of my razors. It's supposed to symbolize how women need to shave their legs and under their arms to be accepted into society and the mobile is representing how shaving is hanging over women's heads all the time if they want to fit in. It took me about two weeks to come up with that idea. I really don't like conceptual art. My teacher makes it so difficult for us to come up with ideas. They all have to be passed by her and she is being really picky about everything.
So if that is not stressful enough, our next project is to make a wire portrait by next class. It doesn't sound that bad, but I have never used wire before and I am slowly realizing that wire does not cooperate. I can't wait until I am done with my 3D classes, I am most definitely a 2D person.

No comments:

Post a Comment